Monday, December 31, 2012

For the Horde!

For the last 7ish years that I've played WoW, I've always been Alliance. Sure, I experimented with orcs when I was younger (who hasn't?), but it never appealed to me. I always went back to what I knew. I had 6 max alts in Cataclysm, and when Pandaria dropped, I leveled a monk to max. Alliance, of course. The thing that finally got me to actually play a horde toon past mid-teens was that once I got to 90 with any of my toons, I had no one to raid with. Alliance on my server is pretty much dead. There's only 2 Alliance guilds that are really raid active, and they're pretty much set. So, I figured it was as good a time as any to go to the dark side.

Since I had spent all my time on a PvP server, I decided to go with a PvE-RP server. I figure it would be the furthest from what I'm used to, since I'm looking for a change. What I found was not what I expected. It was pretty much the same as normal. Not a bunch of people running around acting out their characters. The biggest difference I noticed was the lack of trolls (not the darkspear kind). Trade chat was missing all the a-holes. That is refreshing.

The biggest difference I noticed was in the capital city layouts. Horde cities, for the most part, are a lot bigger than Alliance cities. There is a lot of walking involved to get from one place to another. The only city that doesn't get on my nerves is Undercity (of course, Lordaeron was the human capital in the past). What did make me crack up though is the street signs in Undercity. They're skulls. What kind of city planner came up with that. Do you really need a reminder that its a city of undead? It looks like one of those crappy Halloween parties you'd go to as a kid where the host would try to make everything spooooky.

Anyway, I'm enjoying my BE pally. Never really got into pally before, so it's a welcome change. And my guild is pretty good. There always seems to be someone on, and it's pretty packed at peak times. This is a huge change from my Alliance guild which is lucky to have 3 or 4 on at peak.

Now, I could always server/faction change. But I'm not really into spending a bunch of money when I could get the same result for free. Leveling isn't that hard. Maybe at some point I'll bring a toon over, but right now, I don't see the point. It's not worth the $55 to me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment